Hi ladies – it’s time to get QUIZZY WITH IT!
Our Christmas meeting is going to be super-fun, with our special end-of-year quiz – join your fellow WI ladies and get guessing! Hungry quizzers will be glad to know that there will be a delicious buffet too (festive bakes welcome!).
Not only that, but we will be hosting a raffle to raise money for your WI. This is not just any raffle – the amazing prizes up for grabs include:
- a Mr Bao meal for two
- Picturehouse tickets x 2
- Ayres the Baker voucher
- Veg box from Fresh South East
- Bottle of wine in a gift box from Bambuni
- Beautiful mug and porcelain Christmas decorations, handmade by Sarah Miller
- Sports massage from Steve Sheppard
- Two bottles of Rose Otto serum from speaker Barbara Jeffrey
- Cookbooks (including Gwyneth Paltrow’s, oh yes)
- A copy of GI Brides by our speaker Duncan Barrett
- Beers and a tote bag from The Beer Shop
- Signed Caitlin Moran book
- And much more!
Thank you to all our kind sponsors! Don’t forget to bring £5 for a strip of tickets. If you can’t make it on the night, you can still buy tickets – get in touch with Claire on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07799815712.
At January’s meeting, we will be repeating last year’s very popular swishing! Bring a maximum of three of your unwanted items of clothing (no shoes, thank you) and swap them for someone else’s – the perfect way for a new year, new look!
We will also be collecting toiletries for Solace Women’s Aid, a local charity which helps women and children affected by abuse – please bring along any unwanted Christmas gifts!
We will be voting on the WI resolutions for next year. This year we will be choosing from:
- Alleviating loneliness
- FGM: More awareness for more action
- Equal access for all those who need specialised maternal mental health services
- Provision of appropriate welfare and safe spaces for women and children in refugee camps
- Supporting women’s refuges
- Plastic soup: Keep microplastic fibres out of our oceans
And lastly, we will also be renewing everyone’s memberships for 2017 and welcoming new members – don’t forget to bring cash or cheque for £39.
See you all on Monday!